Construction on Campus

The Vice Chancellor of Capital Projects, acting as the Campus Building Official, is responsible for overseeing all campus construction.

All construction, renovation, remodeling, refurbishing or physical resource upgrading must be performed through Construction and Design or Real Estate Services Office. This practice assures that the work will be reviewed by the appropriate campus regulatory offices (e.g., Campus Committee for the Removal of Architectural Barriers: Fire Marshal, Environment, Health and Safety, Construction Inspection) and that the completed work will conform to applicable state and local laws and building codes.

In order to request a consultation and estimate, or to initiate a project, departmental administrative officials must submit a Project Renovation Requisition (PRR). The request will be routed to the applicable campus construction office and the submitting department will be contacted for follow-up information.