The Office for the Prevention of Harassment and Discrimination, acting as the campus Coordinator of Information Practices, is responsible for ensuring campus compliance with policies and laws regarding privacy issues, and the protection of all information maintained by any segment of the campus. This office, along with the Office of Legal Affairs is available for consultation with any unit or department which receives a records request.
Administrative officials should forward requests for records to the custodial unit or department. Some examples of appropriate offices are as follows:
- Animal Care and Use Committee for requests regarding animal research protocol records.
- Payroll Office for payroll related information.
- Committee for the Protection of Human Subjects for requests regarding human subjects research protocol records.
- Media Relations for requests from the media, or if sensitive issues are involved.
- Registrar for requests for student records.
- Sponsored Projects Office for record requests relating to projects supported by grants or contracts.
Related section in this Guide
- Privacy issues and the protection of information