UC Berkeley has established a risk management governance structure to manage the overall risk profile for the campus. This governance structure is designed to provide an “enterprise” view of risks across the entire campus, enabling senior management to prioritize risks, establish risk response strategies, and monitor impact from the strategies.
Campuswide Policies and Procedures
The Campuswide Directory of Administrative Policies and Procedures is a central, on-line directory of policies and procedures with links to the originating departments.
Delegations of Authority
Current UC Berkeley Delegation of Authority Letters, containing authority which has been delegated to individuals on campus, are managed and coordinated by the Office of Ethics, Risk and Compliance Services (OERCS).
As a member of the UC Berkeley community you are asked to be aware of your surroundings and if you see anything that doesn't look "right," please say something! The contacts below will enable you to do something positive to make sure that our campus is safe and that all members of our community act in accordance with the University of California's core values and our Standards of Ethical Conduct.
- UCPD -- 911 (landline) or 642-3333 (cell) -- all emergency situations
- Whistleblower Hotline(anonymous/confidential) -- call (800) 403-4744 or report online
- EH&S (concerns about actual or potential environmental hazards) -- 642-3073
- Physical Plant (flooding) -- 642-1032
- Risk Services -- email@example.com